Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Birthday Surprise...

Even though it's a few weeks until her special day, we had an early birthday surprise for Katie Anne.  Since Katie Anne's fourth birthday is her "golden birthday" (turning 4 on 4/4), I wanted this birthday to be something special.  We started planning this surprise in January, and we've been waiting to tell her for months!  Now that our surprise is about a month away, we decided that today was a good day to tell her about it.  So, I wrapped up a box of clues to the surprise.  Can you figure out what the surprise is?
Katie Anne was so excited to open the giant box!


Time to open!


Checking out the clues...


Studying the photo album... wondering why she would have a Minnie Mouse photo album with no pictures inside.
Wait a minute...
"Am I going to Disney World!?!"
Yes!
When Katie Anne figured out what she was going to spend her fourth birthday in the Magic Kingdom, she got so excited!  It was definitely the reaction we were hoping for... she flipped back into the chair, slid into the floor, and squealed with excitement!
I took a video of her opening the gift and her reaction, but I took it with our real video camera, not the digital camera (I was using it to make still shots).  If I can figure out a way, I'll upload the video so you can see the conniption that took place when she found out she'd be celebrating her birthday with the princesses in Cinderella's castle!

A picture of the future Disney World princess with her new dolls:
She's just a little bit excited about her special birthday!
We can't wait for our trip!

5 comments:

Jillian said...

I CANNOT wait to see this video!!! I LOVE her reaction in the pics! You guys are going to have such a great time!

Kelly Miller said...

Aww! Great birthday surprise!

Trisha Jones said...

Just like the Disney commercials these days, my eyes just teared up! That is going to be such a FUN and EXCITING birthday!!!

cindy glawson said...

I love it!! She is going to have such a wonderful birthday. The last picture is total exhilaration.

Carrie Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!! She is going to have the time of her life! You all will love it there and seeing how excited she is about everything is the best.