Saturday, May 1, 2010

Silly Saturday!

While poor Daddy had to work, Katie Anne and I had a fun Saturday morning!  I took lots of pictures of our adventures.  

We started our day by reorganizing Katie Anne's bookshelf.  (You may remember how crazy it looked in the pictures of her making her bed in a previous post.)  Katie Anne did a SUPER job rearranging her books, and she did almost the entire job by herself - she sorted them by size and put them all on the shelf.  I just had to go back and flip some of them spine-out after she was finished.
The finished bookshelf!
She even cleaned out her box full of board books that was overflowing.
Katie Anne chose a TON of books for Saunders IV's room - she even picked out some of her favorites to give to him.  I was very surprised that this was her idea and by her generosity.  After she was done, she was a little wistful about a few of the ones she'd decided to give to him... she said, "If I want to read some of my books, can I go into little Saunders's room to read them?"  I assured her that they definitely could share them.  Here's the bag she filled for him:

It took her almost an hour to complete her bookshelf clean-out, and I was so proud of her that I let her pick a prize from her surprise basket.  She chose these gel clings for the window.  I needed to go take a shower so we could get started on our to-do list for the day.  This little innocent face assured me that she could play responsibly with the gel clings while I showered and not put them on any surface but the window...
but I was not so sure.  However, she was totally confident in her ability, so I left this scene in her room...
and went to take my (very quick) shower.  That's trust, people!
But, when I got out of the shower, I was pleasantly surprised to find this...
Someone was playing very happily with her clings, and not one of them had been stuck to a painted surface or eaten!

Then, it was time to go to the store.  Katie Anne got a dollar out of her piggy bank to spend at the "surprise store" (also known as Dollar General).  Out of all the cool stuff she thought about in the store, she chose to buy a package of lollipops.  Wouldn't have been my choice (I would've picked the ride-on purple unicorn head on a stick thing myself), but she loved her lollipops!
Yum yum - what a fun Saturday morning!


No comments: