Thursday, April 29, 2010

Katie Anne's Three Year Checkup

Yesterday, Katie Anne had a big day!  She was scheduled for her three-year-old checkup at 1:30 in the afternoon, and that threw a little kink in the childcare plans - her school strongly discourages parents from picking kids up during naptime to avoid disturbing the other kids.  Granddad could watch her in the morning after 7:45, but Saunders had to be at an early meeting.  I had planned to work a half day so I can save as much sick leave time as possible for my maternity leave.  What to do???

Well, my bosses were nice enough to bend the rules a little bit and let Katie Anne come to school with me for a few minutes until Granddad could pick her up.  Katie Anne was beyond thrilled to ride to work with Mommy...
 and go to "the big kid school"!  

She had a great time while she was there!  My kids were excited to see her, too.  She got to help me sign in, check my mailbox, pick up my kids, and pass out morning work.  Katie Anne cannot wait to come to the big kid school!

After she spent the morning with Granddad, I picked Katie Anne up and we headed for her pediatrician's office.  She got a great report!  She's right on track for all her benchmarks and is the picture of good health.  She's 39.5 inches tall and 38 pounds.  That's 95th percentile for height and 90th percentile for weight.  It had been one year to the day since Katie Anne had been to the doctor - her pediatrician literally gave her three cheers for a very healthy year!  We've been very lucky - she's only had one 24 hour virus and a few not-too-serious colds since her two-year-check up!  The best news about the whole visit was - NO shots!

Since she did such a great job at the doctor's office, she got to pick out a treat at the bookstore on the way home.  She chose a Little Mermaid watercolor book, and she spent some time painting when we got home.

We capped off the day with a big family dinner at a great Mexican restaurant - La Parilla - with Gigi, Granddad, Greg, Jillian, and Mamaw!  It was a fun, busy, great day!

4 comments:

cindy glawson said...

Great report! Looks like Peach had a big day too!

Carrie Beth said...

I used to LOVE being able to go to work with my mom (a teacher) so I can just imagine what KA was thinking of that special treat.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Ella will be glad to know there are no shots at 3:) I am glad KA had such a great check-up!!!

Kelly Miller said...

Way to grow, KA! No wonder I always thinks she looks so grown up -- she's a big girl!

We don't have Bella's official stats, but unofficially, she is 31.5 lbs and 36 inches. She wants to be just like Katie Anne when she grows up!