Monday, August 9, 2010

Gigi's 52nd Birthday!

On Sunday night, we got together at my parents' house to celebrate Gigi's birthday!  Our whole little family was there as well as some additional party guests - Mamaw, Pappy, and Granny Nelle came, and my mom's friends Sandra and Todd Croft came to the party, too. 

We started the party with dinner.  Everyone brought a few appetizers, and we had lots of great food - tiny sandwiches, chicken wings, chocolate-covered strawberries, lots of different dips with crackers or chips, and two pots of dueling meatballs courtesy of Jillian and me!  Hey, we coordinated on the gift, but we forgot to coordinate on what we were bringing - great minds think alike!  

After dinner, we all ate dessert and watched my mom open her presents.  For dessert, we had apple pie and Mamaw's pound cake with vanilla ice cream. My mom got money from both Mamaw and Papaw/Granny Nelle, and Mamaw also gave her back the crystal candlesticks that they've been "re-gifting" to each other for years and years as a joke.  My dad got my mom a new cell phone, and we went in with Greg and Jillian to get my mom a Wii Fit Plus since I've dropped out as her walking partner for a while!  

It was a fun birthday celebration for Gigi!  Here are some pictures of the good times:

A whole family shot ... Katie Anne looks a little goofy in this one, but it's the only one I got with my camera.  (I think my mom got a better one with her camera.)
My mom with her dad...
My mom with her mom...
My mom and her best friend since childhood - Sandra...
Sandra's husband Todd...
Papaw and Granny Nelle...
My mom with her birthday cake...
Opening her presents...
Can you tell who is excited about Gigi opening her presents?
Showing off the card KA made...
And we gave Jillian a little present, too ... a new lanyard to wear when she starts student teaching in a few days!

Happy Birthday to Gigi - Happy Birthday to you!


4 comments:

cindy glawson said...

I had a great birthday party! Thanks to all the helpers that brought food. I love the picture of me eating my birthday cake and drinking a diet coke. :) The story of my life!

Jillian said...

remember the time you told be about looking at a picture of yourself and having that "moment"...well holy freaking crap. I've had my moment. Jeez louise! Here's to a semester where I don't gain a million freaking pounds like last semester! Fun party =)

Anonymous said...

Your mom has a beautiful smile! I'm glad she had a great birthday. :)

That card KA made looks amazing!

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Cindy!