Monday, October 25, 2010

The Jolly Halloween Party

On the night that we got home from Vegas, the Jollys were having their Halloween party.  Both Saunderses were too tired to go, so Katie Anne and I headed down to Smyrna to celebrate with Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin and lots of their friends!  The party was at a park, and Katie Anne loved playing on the playground until it got too dark.  Erin had decorated a pavilion for the party and had lots of treats, favors, cupcakes, and pizza for dinner!  The kids had a great time playing together, running around, and pretending to dance and sing on the "stage".  

Katie Anne was a little wild because she was still adjusting to us being home (aka she was still a little mad at me for leaving her for 3 days), so she wasn't the best listener, but she definitely had a great time.  One of the funniest things about the party was when I took Katie Anne behind a big tree to talk to her (aka spank her), Ella came running to rescue her friend!  She put her little hands between me and Katie Anne and said, "No trouble!  Ella no trouble, Katie Anne no trouble."  How could I possibly stand in the way of that kind of self-sacrificing friendship!  Of course, Katie Anne got out of the spanking, and Ella grabbed her hand and pulled her away, saying "Let's go, Katie Anne."  It was very funny and very sweet of Ella to throw herself in front of an angry mommy for a friend!  

My camera didn't take the best shots in the dark - I think my settings were off, but I didn't notice until I got home and downloaded the pictures.  Here are some pictures of the fun!








1 comment:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I love that you posted the "no trouble" story....so funny!! We are so glad you guys came to celebrate with us!