Thursday, October 14, 2010

Picnic Time

The weather today was absolutely fabulous, and - even though I'm not much of an outdoorsy person - even I could not deny that we had to get out and enjoy it.  So, we decided to take our lunch of PB&J sandwiches and pretzels out onto the deck for an impromptu picnic.

SJ sat happily in his swing while I made the sandwiches, and I was so excited with his victory over the swing sadness that I lugged the whole swing outside so he could enjoy it during lunch.


He was happy in there for a little while, and KA and I got to enjoy our lunch...
 
 and the beautiful sunshine...

But, SJ's joyfulness did not last long...

So I was joined by a very clingy little lunch companion...
who soon fell sound asleep!

I had a great time having a picnic with both my kiddos- we stayed outside eating and talking for more than an hour.  Even though my hair wasn't fixed and I don't have on a drop of makeup - and that's rare for me - I still love this happy picture of the three of us enjoying a simple picnic together!

2 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

Looks like great mama-kiddo bonding time. And you look fantastic, Katie. Fantastic and happy.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Love this post!