Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Papaw!

(Or, as Katie Anne calls him, Pepaw!) Yesterday, we went to Acworth to celebrate my grandfather Papaw's 80th birthday. We had a fun time hanging out with him and Granny Nelle, eating cake - and Granny Nelle's famous cookie cake - and visiting. I wish I had remembered my camera, but we had so much going on yesterday that I totally forgot it. I'm sure I'll take plenty of Papaw pictures next weekend at Katie Anne's birthday party. This is a picture from Easter last year, and I think it is a great one of him.

After Papaw's, we went to Barrett Parkway to shop and eat. My dad and Saunders went to K & G, and Saunders got two really nice new suits for a great price. My mom, KA, and I went to The Decorating Mart, which was supposed to have really great deals, but we really didn't find anything we liked. Then, we got back together for dinner at RuSan's. Afterwards, we all went to Toys R Us to look for stuff for Katie Anne's birthday. This was the first time Katie Anne had ever been in a big toy store, and she was overwhelmed and overjoyed! She loved it, and we stayed until closing time! I think she dreamed of Toys R Us last night... she woke me up about five times calling out in her sleep. When I'd go in, she would be sound asleep, but saying stuff like, "My want it!" or "My ride that bike." So funny!

2 comments:

cindy glawson said...

Sweet picture of Pappy! He is such a good man and we are a lucky bunch.I can't believe that KA is dreaming of Toys R Us. Poor baby.

Vanessa said...

Too cute! ToysrUs overwhelms me - I can only imagine how it makes an almost two year old feel :)