Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Beach Morning


This morning, we headed out to the beach nice and early to play and build sandcastles. The beach is gorgeous - it has been a long time since we've been to the Gulf, and I'd forgotten how white and pristine the beaches are! Katie Anne, Saunders, my dad, my mom, and I had a great time sitting in the sand, making sand castles and sand animals and walls and towers.

Katie Anne was scared of the actual waves... there's a strong undertow right now, and she said, "That water's coming to get me! It going to take me away!" There's also a lot of little green seaweed floating in the water right now, which didn't scare my mom or Saunders away, but kept the other three of us out of the ocean. She might change her mind once she's here a few more days. It's fine with me if she doesn't want to get in - I love the beach, but not necessarily getting in the ocean, so I'm more than happy to build sandcastles all day. She's getting plenty of swimming in the pool, too - what a little fish! I haven't taken any pictures at the pool yet.

Here's some pictures of this morning's adventures!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Th ocean looks pretty rough! I may be building sandcastles too if it stays that way lol!