I headed back to work on Monday, and my new classroom needed a lot of work. It was full of stuff! I'm taking the place of a teacher who retired, and she was very sweet to leave a lot of materials for me to use. There was a lot of useful stuff... I have enough math manipulatives for about 100 first graders! Anybody want teddy bear counters? :)
There were also a lot of things that needed to be reorganized, recycled, or just plain tossed. The ceiling in the school was replaced this summer, so everything was covered in dust or black chunks of old ceiling tiles. We've cleaned, cleaned, cleaned!
After Monday and Tuesday's workdays, I was starting to get nervous... Daddy and I put in two big days of working, and it seemed like little had changed. In fact, after we brought all the boxes of my stuff from our garage to school yesterday, it seemed like it got worse!
Today, one of my former students - Adam - came and helped out, and we got a TON done. Between Daddy working a 1/2 day and Adam and I putting in a full 8 hours, it looks much better. Almost all the boxes are unpacked, all the furniture is arranged, bulletin board fabric is up, desks are in pods. Tomorrow, I'll just unpack the rest of the boxes (my desk stuff and my children's books) and haul off all the broken-down boxes.
These are some pictures I made today... room in progress. Hopefully, finished pictures are soon to come!