Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Big Chop

On Monday, I went in and got all my hair cut off! I had really neglected my hair in the past few months, and the ends were still that weird hair that grows when you're pregnant, so I knew that it was pretty dry and past time for a trim. I didn't realize it was that bad until I saw some Christmas pictures of me and it was so stringy! For evidence, click here.

So, I'd just intended to have about 2 inches cut off when I made the appointment before Christmas, but I went in Monday with a whole new plan- which was actually no plan! I just told Pam, who cuts my hair at cha.cha salon, that I wanted it shoulder length, layered, and lowlighted. She asked me to pick the colors from the little color samples, and I said, "Nope- just surprise me." Whew- very trusting!

(By the way, what's up with the trend of lowercase and periods between letters? We have another store in Cartersville named c.a.n.o.p.y ... neat stores, weird names.)

So, she cut away! In some places, she cut about four inches, but in other places it was six! The lowlights are dark brown (almost black) and auburn. When she first blew it dry, I was not sure- I liked the color a lot, but it was a big change in length! It can fit into a pony tail, but just barely... I haven't had it this short since the summer I got pregnant with Katie Anne, which was almost 3 years ago! Pam does a great job coloring and cutting it (and I knew this already from her cutting my long hair), but she likes to blow dry my hair kind of sleek over one eye and then puff up the back, which I don't like. (My dad was always telling me to keep my hair out of my face, and it just stuck!) I could tell even from the "sexy style" that it looked a ton healthier and the color was great. So, I just put it up and thought I would not judge it until I did it myself. Once I blew it out myself yesterday morning and curled the ends under, I really like it! It feels 100% healthier and is very shiny, so I'm glad I made the cut. I'm sure I'll grow it out again, but this time I'm going to try harder to take care of the ends so it will look good when it is long.

So here's a picture I made yesterday...Then, I realized you really couldn't see anything because (as usual) I was wearing black, so I put on a red shirt really quick so it would show up...
I'm laughing in that last picture because Katie Anne was looking up at me and screaming, "Say CHEESE, Mommy. Say CHEESE!" because I was just smiling without saying it. :)

12 comments:

Dr J said...

Very nice and sophisticated....very up scale!!!!

Pat said...

Wow! Now you and Jillian are twins! Very good style on you!! Love it!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Katie Anne - Child Model
Katie Jones - Mommy Model

Kelly Miller said...

It looks great!

Stacey said...

It looks awesome! I love it!

Sharon G said...

It looks great!!! I really like it short...but you look great no matter what!!!

Jillian said...

man...do you wanna die it blonde next? lol!! It looks great, can't wait to see it tomorrow! And on a side note: I CANNOT believe it's been almost 3 years since you go pregnant with KA...c.r.a.z.y =)

Jillian said...

or dye*** lmao

Jillian said...

jeeeeeez...GOT** pregnant...I told you I was going to pre-game before tomorrow and now it's affecting my spelling haha!

Katie Jones said...

Hey, mine has a lot more layers than yours, and at least I can SPELL, Jillian! So there! ;)

Carrie Beth said...

You look great!

Jillian said...

wow. harsh. lol...