Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Century Bank Party


Last night, Saunders and I went to his bank's office party. It's the fifth year that we've been, and it really is a lot of fun. Saunders works with some very funny people, including his bosses, and we really look forward to it every year.

The party always involves lots of games as well as cash and gift prizes. The entertainment is different each year- they've hired comedians and stuff in the past, but really the bank employees are funnier than the comedians! Last night, the bank employees had divided up into groups and sang the 12 Days of Christmas using inside jokes and funny issues from the past year at the bank. No one knew what the other groups were going to say, so it was fun to see them all bust out laughing at what the other groups said. Saunders sang with two other guys (Ben Mauldin and Josh Brock), and their part was "Two roll-off dump trucks," which was talking about a bad loan from earlier this year that had really ticked the bank presidents off. Everyone busted out laughing when they sang their part, and (not to brag on my husband, but) they definitely were the most in-tune singers! I have a video of part of the song, but it would probably take a lifetime to upload it! Even the bank's board of directors got in on the song, singing "Nine directors griping," which is probably the best thing about Century Bank - everyone really has a great time together. They pride themselves on being a family at the bank, and it really is a true statement.

Then, they played Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, and our table was totally robbed. We said acappella meant "without music", and they counted that question wrong! (I just googled it, and the official definition is "without musical accompaniment", so I don't see what was wrong with our answer!) So, the bad news is we did not win any of the cash prizes that came along with winning the game. The good news is that I did win a door prize! I won an IPod docking station worth $150! Bad news- I don't have an IPod! :) I have an IPod shuffle, which works fine for me since I don't have a wide (or good, as my husband tells me) range of music that I like to listen to. Saunders got an IPod for Christmas last year, but he already has a docking station. So, I may take it back and get me something else, or Saunders may use it on his desk at work. I'm sure the other employees would be so thankful that we won that prize when they hear his IPod blasting from his office!

No comments: