Friday, December 26, 2008

The Glawson Family Christmas Dinner

After our Christmas breakfast, we went over to my parents' house for Christmas dinner. We spent the afternoon hanging out, eating yummy appetizers that my mom made, and playing the Wii. We love to Wii Bowl! Greg and Jillian were on their way back to Georgia from spending time with her family in North Carolina, so we just relaxed and waited on them to get there. Katie Anne used the time to take a much-needed nap!

Once Greg and Jillian arrived, we got to eat our yummy dinner. My dad had bought the giant nugget tray from Chic-fil-a, so we had nuggets galore! Katie Anne loved them and ate about 6, but the funniest thing was she preferred them cold! Once we heated them up, she wouldn't eat them! We had two different kinds of chili that my mom made- her regular chili (red sauce with beans and ground beef) and a white chicken chili. Then, she sat up a "chili bar" with toppings like different cheeses, sour cream, and oyster crackers. I made little ramekins of macaroni and cheese, so we were stuffed by the end of dinner!

After dinner, we moved on to opening presents. My parents are in between moving out their old living room furniture and getting new furniture delivered, so the living room was empty. They moved the dining room in there, and we opened our gifts in the empty dining room so we could sit by the tree. It was neat- we've never done that before!

Everyone got lots of great stuff. We gave my parents a big new grill and cover, and Greg and Jillian gave them a date night basket full of gift cards, DVDs, and snacks. We kept the grill a surprise out on the garage, and they were really excited about it. Katie Anne got a kitchen to keep at my parents' house as well as puzzles, a McDonald's cash register with play food, two pair of shoes, a fire truck, and a Leapfrog Baby video game system with several games... she loves it and has played it a lot today! Saunders got a black dress trench coat, new dress shoes, a bottle of Crown Royal Cask #16 (his favorite), a box of his favorite cigars, sunglasses, and a book he'd asked for. I got a Wii Fit (hooray!), two sweaters, several books, a shop vac, and a cool pair of Crocs dress shoes- so comfortable! I ran out of battery before I could take a picture of the shoes, but my mom took one and I'll post it later. Greg and Jillian gave Saunders a gift card, me a white sweater, and us Mario Kart for Wii to share. Greg got a coat like Saunders, lots of tools and a tool box, sunglasses, a weedeater, and then we gave him a computer game. Jillian got a sewing machine with a carrying case, Sewing for Dummies (she asked for it!), a rice cooker, a laundry sorter, and a sweater, and then we gave her a tool box full of sewing supplies. My parents also gave Katie Anne, Jillian, and me matching Crocs mary janes- they're blue with flowers on them! So, we'll look so cute when we all wear them together. We got so many wonderful presents- everyone was far too generous! After we opened presents, we went into the living room so Katie Anne could play with her kitchen and Greg and Saunders could play Mario Kart. Saunders has played it for hours today!

It was a great Christmas! We had so much fun together. Here's a slideshow of some pictures I took.

Click to play Christmas Dinner




(All together, from the Joneses' Christmas on Christmas Eve through my parents' dinner, I took over 500 pictures! Yikes!)

2 comments:

Dr J said...

500 is a lot....maybe we need an intervention?

Vanessa said...

So cute - I just got through all of your smileboxes! I'm so glad you all had a great Christmas!