Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Lil Chef

With my mono still going strong (although I am getting better... slow and steady wins the race), I'm still not ready to come home and cook a big dinner while watching Katie Anne by myself. So, for the last two weeks, people have been helping out at our house at night. My parents have helped a bunch of nights, with Saunders's parents, Greg and Jillian, and Mamaw all doing their fair share, too. We have had some delicious dinners, like barbeque, Brunswick stew, hamburgers, turkey and dressing, and lots more!

When my mom made dinner for us one night last week, she took Katie Anne down to their house and let her help. She helped make the cornbread and her own chicken nuggets. I think these are just the cutest pictures! Katie Anne is growing up so much- she's such a good helper. Tomorrow, she'll be 20 months old! I can't believe it!



Greasing her skillet for the cornbread...

Stirring the cornbread batter...

Getting the chicken nuggets on the baking sheet...
Look at that concentration! This is serious business.

Yeah! It is all in the oven!

Checking to see if her cornbread's done...

What do you mean, cut it? Can't we leave it in its pristine glory?
Mmm... chicken nuggets!
What a yummy meal she made!

4 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

How precious!! I can't wait to let Ella help me...goodness the age difference of 8+ months is so big right now. I get so amazed at what Katie Anne can do these days!

Trisha Jones said...

The Big C and I canNOT get over how adorable this is!!! I saw the pictures on Cindy's Facebook (I think that's where it was), but I didn't have the chance to comment yet. C-U-T-E!!!

Anonymous said...

what a big helper!

Kelly Miller said...

Love it! KA is such a big girl. I've been letting Javi help me cook dinner - and now he's demanding a Kiss the Cook apron. Perhaps little KA needs one of her own?