Sunday, December 7, 2008

Decorating our Christmas Tree!

We put up our Christmas Tree today. We had a great time doing it together as a family! Here's a Smilebox scrapbook of all our fun together.

Click to play Decorating the Tree
Make a Smilebox scrapbook



We're not going as all-out this year as I usually do. Normally, I go totally crazy and decorate the whole house. This year, we're only doing 2 trees instead of my usual crazy 7! Also, due to my mono-ness, we're not doing the big porch decorations... just a wreath on the door! Actually, it is kind of nice to have it not so big this year. It still feels Christmas-y without feeling crowded. I will miss having some of my feature trees this year, and I feel bad for the little decorations that are sitting sadly in the attic, but I know I just can't do it this year. Also, it would be hard to watch Katie Anne around all those different trees. It will make doing it big next year that much more fun!

Katie Anne had such fun decorating this morning. She LOVES the Christmas trees and the jingle bell on the front door. Luckily, she's doing a great job of not pulling things off the tree. She keeps telling the ornaments to "STAY!" in a very loud voice. I guess she does that because we told her that the ornaments need to stay on the tree, and we tell the dogs to stay in a loud voice, so she's put two and two together and decided to be firm with the ornaments.

I decorated the mantle while Saunders and Katie Anne put together the tree. When I got done with the mantle, I held KA up so she could see it, and she was so cute- she said, "Nice, Mommy, nice." The funniest thing she did today was her reaction to the clutter in the living room. In mid-decoration, when all the boxes and lights and ornaments were all over the place, she decided she wasn't a fan. When Saunders was changing her diaper in her room, she kept telling him, "Messy in there." (Or, as she says it, "Messy 'n nere.") So, she brought her vacuum cleaner back in the living room from her room and tried to clean up. She tried to vacuum up the lights on the floor! It was very funny!

5 comments:

cindy glawson said...

The tree and mantle look beautiful. Dad and I enjoyed the pictures!

Dr J said...

Um...I don't see any stockings for Ginger or Abbie.......whassup with that???

Kelly Miller said...

7 trees?! I'm glad Mono Girl toned it down to only 2 this year. Great photos!

Vanessa said...

Looks great! I'm well and I can hardly keep 1 tree up - I can't imagine 7!!

Jillian said...

So cute!! Love the scrapbook!!!