Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Special Gift from My Dad

When we got home from the Joneses' on Christmas Eve, there was a special package waiting by our back door for me. 


It was a surprise present from my dad!


After Katie Anne went to bed, I couldn't wait to open it and see what it was!

 

It was a cute little black dress from Gap!


Ever since I was a little girl, my dad would always buy me a special dress that he'd pick out himself and give to me each Christmas.  My favorite one from childhood was a swingy yellow dress that he gave to me the year I was in kindergarten, and I wore it to my kindergarten end-of-the-year pageant that spring.  He hasn't done that since I was in high school, but this year he decided to pick up on the old tradition.  I absolutely love the cute black dress he picked out!

It was such a sweet surprise that made my Christmas Eve so special!  Thanks, Daddy!

3 comments:

cindy glawson said...

What a sweet daddy!

Trisha Jones said...

My eyes have tears. What a sweet note from your Daddy.

Carrie Beth said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. :-)