Saturday, June 26, 2010

Healthy Abby!

This morning, I took Abby to the vet for her annual check-up.  Last year, the vet gave Abby a hard time about her weight... she was up to 38.5 lbs.  (She was 27 lbs when we got her six years ago, so she'd put on some major weight.)  However, I started walking with my mom (and sometimes my dad, too) every single morning during this pregnancy to try to stop the crazy weight gain train that I was on - and I've been taking Abby and Ginger with me.  They absolutely love the daily 1.5 mile walks, and we could really tell that Abby has been shaping up by how loose her harness is getting.

So, it was no surprise when the vet said that Abby had lost weight since last year - 5.5 lbs!  She's down to 33 lbs this year.  Everyone at the vet's office was very proud of her!  They said her optimal weight would be around 30, so we'll work on that - when I work on losing this baby weight, Abby can work on those last 3 lbs.  Besides just the weight loss, Abby got a great bill of health.  She's in great shape for her age.  Abby took her shots like a champ.  
She was very proud of herself - see that big grin?!?

No comments: