Tuesday, August 18, 2009

NO Biopsy Today!

I went in for my biopsy today on one of the breast lumps that my doctor found this summer. When I got there, I got all prepared for the biopsy. Dr. Corgan wanted to do one more ultrasound to check the location before we began. She took several images, compared them to my older mammograms and sonograms, and then she said, "Well, I don't think we'll be doing this biopsy after all!"

It was great news... the main tumor had shrunk in size! It went from a 6.3 to right at a 4. (I'm not sure of the units... cm? mm?) I asked if she was sure that I didn't need it, and she said that cancerous tumors don't shrink- they grow. So, we're going to keep an eye on the growths with regular mammograms, ultrasounds, and exams - probably for the rest of my life, Dr. Corgan says. I go back for more tests in December. But, for now, I'm all clear! I've been worried about this since June 16 when my OBGYN found the first lump, and I'm so glad to be able to relax and not worry about it any more!

6 comments:

Kelly Miller said...

I'll be praying you just have really lumpy boobs. Hope the visit goes well and the results come back quickly!

Courtney Jenkins said...

I'm with Kelly... prayers for lumpy boobs coming your way!

Vanessa said...

I got your text message - so glad to hear the good news!!

Dr J said...

LOL!!!

Trisha Jones said...

We are all so very happy to hear the great news. Who knew shrinkage was so great?!??

Carrie Beth said...

That's great news!