Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sing, Sing, a Song

Sing, sing a song-
Make it simple
To last your whole life long!
Don't worry that its not good enough
For anyone else to hear.
Just sing, sing a song!

I realized a few days ago that I've really fallen off the video wagon. I haven't made any videos of Katie Anne in quite some time. In fact, I took our nice video camera to Florida this year, and then didn't make a single video the whole week we were on vacation! Yikes! Of course, I've got about 10,000 pictures to make up for it, but still ... I need to do better on the videos.

So, when we were driving around after buying Hoppy yesterday, Katie Anne was in a musical mood, singing tons of songs. When we got home, I sat her up at the kitchen table and tried to catch a few on video.

Video #1: In this first one, Katie Anne sings Itsy Bitsy Spider. (You'll also hear Saunders leaving me a voicemail on my cell phone.) I love how she completely enunciates the words - you'll see what I mean when you watch it. Also, she wants to sing Mr. Sun at the end, which must be a song they sing at school because I don't know it. And, apparently, she might not either. :)



Video #2: In this second one, Katie Anne sings a song that Saunders taught her called Peanut Butter. It is so funny! We love to hear her sing this one. This is what she was singing in the car, and this is what I was trying to get on tape. I love the George McFly laugh at the end, too.


In case you can't get it all, the words are:
Peanut sat on a railroad track
And his heart was all a-flutter.
Down the track came a choo-choo train,
Uh-oh! Peanut Butter!

8 comments:

Of Pandas and Pirates said...

Oh my goodness! That was ADORABLE! Thank you so much for the smile this morning. I really needed it.

Kelly Miller said...

Oh my lord that mess was hilarious! The first video had me rolling - esp the "I don't know it" at the end. I can't wait to let Bella watch it.

The Brown Family said...

Oh dear! That was sooo funny! I love that the hacky cough in the middle of itsy bitsy spider didn't slow her down. She just kept on with the song. Good Job Katie Anne

cindy glawson said...

I LOVE the laugh at the end if the second one! Too funny!

Vanessa said...

Could she be any cuter?!? These are so funny...Laney perked up from my lap to see who was singing when I played these!

Jillian said...

Soooo funnny! I love how she says Mr. Sun! AND the laugh is hilarious!! Too cute!

Trisha Jones said...

too cute!

Courtney Jenkins said...

I love watching your videos of KA! The singing was SO cute! I love how itsy bitsy her spider actually was!