Sunday, August 16, 2009

Noccalula Falls

Yesterday, we took a family trip to Noccalula Falls in Gadsen, AL. My grandparents had taken Greg and I there as kids, and my mom wanted us all to go back. My parents rented a big van so we could all ride together, and it was a lot of fun! We met at my parents' house, loaded up our coolers full of food and drinks, and headed out to Alabama.

After about two hours, we arrived at the state park. They'd added a lot to the park since we'd went years ago, and there was a lot to see and do. We rode on a train, toured the Pioneer Village, watched the deer and other animals in the zoo, and of course visited Noccalula Falls! The falls didn't have much water because it has been dry lately, but it was still very beautiful. It is a very, very nice park and a lot of fun for kids - I highly recommend visiting there!

We had a yummy picnic lunch at the pavilions - everyone brought something, and it was all really tasty! We were all exhausted on the ride home ... except for Katie Anne! She sang and played all the way back to Georgia, and wound up never taking a nap the whole day! She was in a great mood in spite of missing her rest time, and we all had a blast together.

Here's a Smilebox slideshow of only 56 of the over 100 pictures I took yesterday!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Noccalula Falls
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

cindy glawson said...

What a fun day! I love the pictures and am so glad we all went.I am thinking "road trip" for vacation next year.:)

Jillian said...

For the love of God, let me choose what pics are posted of me....some of those are ROUGH...to say the least! Other than that...fun day and cute smilebox!