Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bell Bottom Bash

Last night, Saunders and I went to the Carters- ville Service League's Bell Bottom Bash. This is a big annual fundraiser that CSL does to raise money for the charities they support, like the Advocates for Bartow's Children. Century Bank gave us tickets, and we were excited and a little nervous about going because we'd never been before.

We went to Psycho Sisters downtown last week and bought our outfits... Saunders wore authentic 70's blue jeans that somehow had never been worn- they still had the tags on them!- and a tie dye shirt. I wore a dashiki top and big blue bell bottom pants. We both wore wigs, and Saunders wore John Lennon-style glasses. We looked so authentic - and Saunders looked so unlike himself - that we scared both my mom and his mom when we stopped by to show them our outfits!

On the way over, we thought, "What if we're like one of the three or four people who dressed up?" But, NO- everyone was dressed up! There were probably less than 10 people there in regular clothes, and everyone gave them a hard time. There were some amazing costumes, including the biggest afro we'd ever seen. This picture does not do it justice!

CSL earns most of their money from the silent auction, and there were - literally - hundreds of items for auction. It was almost so much that you couldn't see what all was there. We bid on a few things - I bid on a $150 gift certificate to Kelly's Kids, a photo shoot with Cindy Harter, and a package of gift cards to local restaurants. Saunders bid on a set of golf lessons from a golf pro, but I think we got outbid later in the evening. I can see how they make lots of money, because as people drink more (everyone gets 4 bar tickets, and the mixed drinks were strong), they're like, "Sure, I'll pay $600 for that!" I heard one girl say, "Like, if I write my number there, I have to pay for it?" Um, yeah. :) Hopefully, I'll get the phone call that I won the Kelly's Kids gift card... my bet of $75 was still the highest when we left last night.

We had such a great time! Great food, great drinks, great band... we definitely want to go back next year. We'd love to get a big group of friends together and go next time... so be looking for some 70's clothes, people! Here are some more pictures of the evening.


People called me Pocahontas!
Doesn't he look like one of the Beatles after they went hippie?
This was the line for the bar!
Martine & Me
The band was good.My grade chair, Paige, & me... there were tons of teachers from my new school there!
All partied out... Time to go home!

4 comments:

Jillian said...

man oh man...that is a HOT look for you both!!! lol...looks like a fun time!

cindy glawson said...

So funny! You guys look great!

Vanessa said...

I'm loving the outfits! Glad you survived! Maybe we can plan ahead better and go next year!

Carrie Beth said...

You look like you just stepped out of the 70's!!!