Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Night - Chore Night

Yep, I'm still keeping up the New Year's resolution of Tuesday Night Chore Night. This is my "take one room and super-deep clean it" night. Tonight- master bathroom, again. Boo. This should've been last Tuesday Night's chore. I cleaned it regular-style (toilets, sinks, mirrors, shower) barely a week ago, but it seems like the master bathroom gets dirty again the second you clean it. The shower was pretty funky, but Saunders and I really can't judge the shower because neither of us puts our contacts in until after we shower... so it always looks spotless to us! Yesterday, I had already put my contacts in before I showered, and so... master bathroom got on the schedule asap! It took me almost two hours to get it done, but it is looking good in there. Blinds cleaned, window cleaned, all decorative items washed and dried, light fixtures cleaned, baseboards and doors wiped... the works, in addition to all the "normal" bathroom cleaning stuff, which I do every other weekend.

Here's a fun shower cleaning tip: I buy that toilet cleaner that is liquid that comes with a nozzle meant for squirting it underneath the rim of the toilet bowl. I do not use this to clean the toilets (I prefer Comet for that job), but I use it to clean the shower. As my first cleaning step, I take that nozzle and run the bleachy-cleaner (get the strong stuff) all around the corners of the shower/where the walls meet/around the door where it gets gunky. Then, I clean the rest of the bathroom while that cleaner sits on the gunk and eats it up. My last step is to rinse the shower down... that cleaner "sticks" better than a regular squirt of 409, and it really makes cleaning it a lot easier. Just a little scrub down with a scruby sponge, and - BAM - clean and shiny.

Also, I had NO idea how skanky my master bathroom light fixture was until I climbed up on the sink tonight and scrubbed it down. Saunders's light over his sink wasn't bad at all, which tells me it is probably my hairspray shooting up there and making it gross. Almost makes me never want to use hairspray again... almost...

1 comment:

Trisha Jones said...

ooo, thanks for the great shower cleaning tip! if only carlton had known this when he lived in the athens condo all those years... can you say nasty?