Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yummy Meatloaf!

I love meatloaf! One of my earliest memories of my mom cooking is laying in the living room floor on an old yellow, flowery blanket, looking at my mom in the kitchen over the breakfast bar. I was waiting on the meatloaf she'd made to cook, and I kept asking... "How much longer!?" I remember waiting that hour for meatloaf to cook was like an eternity.

Well, I actually don't make meatloaf a lot at home. I tried twice in college, and once was really dry and once was greasy. I haven't tried I know since I got pregnant with Katie Anne almost (shock!) three years ago. So, I ran across an easy recipe online last week, and I thought I'd give it a try. We bought a lot of really high-quality beef from one of Josh's customers that slaughters his own cows. We got a ton of meat at a great price, and I was looking for new ways to use the ground beef. Meatloaf sounded like a fun Saturday night adventure!

The meatloaf turned out really, really good. Katie Anne absolutely loved it! She doesn't eat a lot of meat, so I love to find recipes for proteins that she enjoys. You can see from this picture that she chowed down the meatloaf- a real kid taste pleaser! I took pictures of the process because I love reading about Trisha's recipe adventures on her blog. So, here are the steps in a Smilebox if you want to give it a try. I highly recommend it!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Meatloaf
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

5 comments:

Jillian said...

how funny, we had meatloaf last night also!!

Trisha Jones said...

I've been craving meatloaf like crazy lately! And I've never made this complicated of a meatloaf recipe before... this one had lots of ingredients compared to the meatloafs I ate growing up! Our "dressing" on top was always equal amounts of ketchup and A-1 sauce mixed together and spooned over the top. It all sounds delicious though. And, it's always so nice to have fresh, local meat like that.

GTG said...

We had meatloaf the other night! nothing like meatloaf and mashed potatoes!

cindy glawson said...

That looks so good. I will try this recipe very soon. I love it that you remember me cooking in the kitchen. How fun!

Kelly Miller said...

We make meatloaf "burgers" using oatmeal, chopped bell pepper and onion, ketchup and barbecue sauce. The topping is equal parts ketchup and sauce. The kids like their "burgers" and it's a bit less messy for me to cook. I'll try this one, too!

Wanted to share this from last night. Bella got really into watching KA and wanted to watch on repeat. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwumwngQeH8