Friday, February 20, 2009

Now, Sicky Me!

Saunders infected me with his mystery sickness... which (Thank goodness!) is not mono because he's feeling a little bit better. Late last night, I started feeling weird, and all day long was a gradual decline... so I felt like total crap-o-la by the end of the day. My entire neck, throat, and ears were just killing me, and I had a major headache.

My mom encouraged me to be proactive about it and go on to the doctor, so I did. And, I'm really glad I did, because they actually gave me a shot! Isn't that crazy? Seems like you never get shots anymore. I actually have Katie Anne and Saunders to thank for that, I think... the doctor said, "If you've got a sick husband and a one year old at home, you've got to feel better fast, so I'm giving you a shot today." Yippee! It was an antibiotic and a steroid, so they said I should be feeling much better in the morning. I also have a prescription for an antibiotic, too. So, hopefully I'll wake up much improved.

So far, Katie Anne just seems to have a cold. She hasn't complained of her throat, neck, or ears hurting (and she was very up front with telling us, "My ears hurt," when she had her ear infection last month), so hopefully she's dodged the bullet.

4 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Sorry the sickness it going around! I hope you feel better soon!

Jillian said...

looooord join the club! I hope we all get better soon and aren't coming down with the plague lol

cindy glawson said...

I am so glad you went to see the doctor. Hopefully you will feel much, much better tomorrow. Three of my four kids sick, what is a mother to do? Hang in there Greg!

Vanessa said...

Oh goodness! Feel better soon!!