Friday, February 27, 2009

Princess Save-A-Lot

Today, I went shopping at Target for the upcoming birthday girls Emma and Lily. Emma's party is this weekend and Lily's is next weekend. I got both girls some fun stuff, and Katie Anne is so excited about both parties. She keeps saying, "Emma birthday gurl, Lily birthday gurl."

Lily is having a Princess Party, and all the kids are supposed to dress as princes and princesses.
Well, Katie Anne is just getting into the whole princess thing, and we don't have any dress-up gowns yet. Of course, I immediately thought upon getting the invitation, "Oh, I'll sew her a princess dress!" But, I had to get real and realize that I don't have the time (and probably the expertise, either) for that big of a project right now. So, off to hunt I went.

At Target, there is a wide variety of princess dresses, ranging from $19.99 to $39.99. Now, that's a great deal compared to The Disney Store prices of $50+, but I was really afraid that our little princess might not wear the dress. So, I was trying to make my mind up between two $19.99 varieties, and I wasn't in love with either. I kept coming back to this little blue dress that had a neat pair of sparkly butterfly wings (or maybe peacock feathers) with it, but didn't have a price. But, I figured since it had the added wings/feathers, it was probably out of my price range.

Finally, I thought, "Well, just take it to the little price scanner and see." Lo and behold, the peacock/wing dress was $9.99! Clearance! Sweet! So, of course that little number came home with me. I was so excited that I called Vanessa as soon as I got in the car to tell her that Katie Anne would be decked out for Lily's party, and on budget to boot!

Katie Anne was very excited about the dress, and we tried it on as soon as we got home. She loved it! She immediately wanted to check herself out in the mirror. The only change I think we'll have to make for the party is to put a shirt under it... she thought it was itchy on her belly, and it is a bit low cut because its a smidge too big for her. Perfect to grow into, though!

Here's some pictures of Lil' Princess Save-A-Lot!

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?

A side view...
The whole thing!

6 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Oh my gosh! I love the dress! And I love Little Princess Katie Anne! So sweet; can't wait to see party pics!

Carrie Beth said...

She looks adorable! Way to go finding that great deal.

Trisha Jones said...

This is soooo cute. She reminds me of the little bickering fairies in Sleeping Beauty with the wings behind her little piggytails! Very stylish, I must say.

cindy glawson said...

I love it! Her hair is so shiny it looks like a crown.

Kelly Miller said...

I love it! Bella is into dress up these days, too. Perhaps it's time to invest in a dress and stop forcing her to wear old Halloween costumes. :)

Vanessa said...

Oh it's so cute! I can't wait to see all the little princesses together next weekend!