Sunday, February 22, 2009

Practice Makes Fun!

Carrying an old Glawson family tradition...

Yesterday, while I was at Hobby Lobby, they were putting out all their Easter goodies. I saw rows upon rows of plastic Easter Eggs... it reminded me of when I was little and we had "practice" egg hunts. Of course, I don't remember when this tradition started, because I was about Katie Anne's age. My parents knew I wouldn't understand the egg hunt process, and so many kids are intimidated by the running around at egg hunts. So, they bought some eggs and hid them throughout the house and let me search for them. I had hours and hours of fun roaming the house with my basket, looking for the hidden eggs. Then, on Easter, I totally knew what to do and had a great time! I remember there always being a pack or two of Easter eggs in the bottom of my parent's china cabinet, and Greg and I would hunt eggs year-round for fun.

Of course, I had to buy a package of plastic eggs for Katie Anne to hunt. When she woke up from her nap and saw them, she was so excited! We got down her Easter basket, and I hid the eggs in the kitchen while she waited in the living room with Daddy. She absolutely LOVED it! We played Easter Egg Hunt about 10 times in the kitchen, then after dinner in her room for about 5 more times.

Here's a Smilebox of Katie Anne's first Egg Hunt practice. I highly re- commend you other toddler parents give this a shot... for $0.67, you too can have an afternoon of pre-Easter fun!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Practice Hunt
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Trisha Jones said...

this is so cute! i don't remember having easter egg hunting test runs, but i definitely remember easter mornings at my house, and at my grandparents' house. i found it so funny - when ka found an egg across the room, she's just run full speed ahead towards it!

Carrie Beth said...

What an awesome idea! I'm definitley going to do that in the next few weeks to get her ready for the big hunts!

cindy glawson said...

When you and Greg were little you would both be so good at hunting eggs it was hilarious. The other kids at Friendship had a hard time keeping up as you two tore across the grass and quickly gathered all the eggs. It wasn't even a contest!