Friday, February 13, 2009

Scrub, Scrub, Scrub

For the past few years, I've been using St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub in the shower in the mornings on my face. Then, I clean my face with other stuff at night. Well, around Thanksgiving - in the interest of the economic slowdown - I cut out the facial scrub to cut back on my grocery bill. Yes, I know this scrub only costs $3.99, but I have this weird thing with getting the grocery costs down as ... low ... as ... possible! And, that's one product I thought I didn't need. Surely, since I clean and moisturize my face well at night, it isn't that dirty just from overnight, so it shouldn't need scrubbing in the morning.

Turns out, I do need it. Absolutely, I do. My face started breaking out right about Christmas time and has just gotten worse. Last week, I was just disgusted with the whole thing and thought, "Why is this HAPPENING!?!" Well, I thought it might be because of the scrub, because nothing else has changed. So, I bought a tube on Wednesday at the store.

Okay, I used this product Thursday morning (and I really got after it yesterday... scrub scrub scrub) and then today, and it has made a WORLD of difference. All the little blemishes on my chin are gone! I saw my face in the mirror as I was helping Katie Anne potty last night, and I thought - "Man, it looks better for some reason. It kind of looks like I'm a little tan or fresh-faced or something." Um, totally the scrub!

Moral of this story? If the economy totally tanks, banks are nationalized, all schools close, and we have to move into the homeless shelter, you will see me clutching my little tube of Apricot Scrub as we walk through the door, because this I cannot live without!

4 comments:

Chelsea Ray said...

I love that stuff! Hopefully this will keep you from going homeless... they sell a store-brand version at Walgreen's for $2 and I can't tell the difference between the two! :)

Trisha Jones said...

I actually use this, too. Last time I bought a "refill" I ventured to a NEW! Warming Scrub, which basically does the same thing, only gets hot when you rub it onto your face. It's nothing special, and the container is much smaller, so stick to our original formula! With my yucko dry skin issues, this really gives me a fresh look every day!

Trisha Jones said...

You should use your facial soaps on your chest, *cleavage!*, shoulders, and hands as well. It's got the extra vitamins in it that keep skin fresh and healthy and younger. I swear by these two products: Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Cream Cleanser (it doesn't soap up, and removes make-up like no other) and follow up with Garnier Nutirtioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Lotion. They cost a little more than others, but they're amazing if you have dry skin!

Carrie Beth said...

Wal-mart also has a store-brand version that does the same thing and is much cheaper than the original!