Friday, July 9, 2010

Last Day of Vacation!

On Friday, on our last official day at the beach, we started off the morning with a big, delicious breakfast at Another Broken Egg in Grayton Beach.  Everything was so tasty - but unfortunately I decided to take it a step too far and order two glasses of pineapple juice.  I hadn't had any juice since Dr. Pitcher got onto me about my pregnancy weight gain in March, but I thought I could splurge on vacation.  I love pineapple juice!  So cold, refreshing, and tasty ... but also so full of sugar.  I felt incredibly terrible after breakfast.  I definitely had a "hypoglycemic event" as my OBGYN labels it, and I went back to the condo and basically passed out in bed for about 2 hours.  So, Saunders and my parents took Katie Anne to the pool that morning, but I was sound asleep in bed!

When I woke up, I did feel better - and I'm certainly going to avoid juice in the last few weeks of this pregnancy!  I still didn't feel 100%, but I wasn't going to waste the whole day in bed.  Plus, we had big plans for our last dinner out.  Saunders had heard lots of great things about a restaurant called Red Bar in Grayton Beach, so we decided to go there for our last dinner out.  We'd heard from several people that the wait at Red Bar is crazy, and we'd need to arrive when the restaurant opened at 5:00.  So, we pulled up in front of the restaurant on time and walked in the front door at 5:02 ... and it was already packed!  Now, this place does not look like some place you'd necessarily stop and eat ... it has a very hippie, beach shack vibe.  It could definitely be featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  However, it has totally delicious food and is very popular - our waiter told us that there's a line to get into the restaurant before they even open at 5:00!  He told us that they'd served over 900 customers the previous night - and this is not a big restaurant.  Parking is also at a premium there.  Luckily, Saunders and I went on in while everyone else looked for a spot, and we only had to wait about 5 minutes to snag a table. But by the time Gigi, Granddad, and Katie Anne parked the truck and walked inside a few minutes later, our waiter told us that the wait time was already 90 minutes!  Insane!

Here are some pictures of us at Red Bar:

After our tasty dinner, we headed to Seaside to look around some of the cute little shops there.  Here are some pictures from our last night out on vacation!

We had such a wonderful time on our vacation this year!!!

No comments: