Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'm Sending in Your Models for a Fitting...


Tim Gunn (from Project Runway for you sad, deprived people who don't watch the show) sent in my model, Katie Anne, for her first fitting in the Snow White dress.



Too shy-shy...
 

See, I like to pretend that Tim checks on my sewing projects from time to time just like on the show.  Saunders said yesterday, "You wish Tim lived with us, don't you?"  Um, yes!!!  I love Tim Gunn!
"Make It Work!"
My imaginary Tim gave me some feedback on my latest project.
1. Shoulders are sagging a bit on my model.  Looks like I do need to put in that pesky hook and eye closure at the top of my zipper.
2. Skirt is not as full as I'd wanted.  So, I do need to make an underskirt.
3.  I was right - the dress is waaaay too long!  So lots of hemming (like 8 inches) is in order.  I'll probably cut some of that off, but I'd like to leave some room to let the dress out as she gets older.  Hopefully, she can play dress up in it later.

**Also, this is not the bow she'll be wearing.  She'll be wearing a red satin headband with a big satin bow.    But, that's not ready yet... so this bow was just a stand-in.

5 comments:

cindy glawson said...

We are loving the dress! I also like the way Prince Charming was giving a helping hand standing on the table.:)
Tim would be so proud!

Vanessa said...

Looks great! She's going to be adorable on Halloween and better pay a trick or treat visit to us!

Dr J said...

sooooooooooper fab!!

Anonymous said...

she looks so pretty!!!

Kelly Miller said...

Great job! Do you make the poofy underskirt and then hem? Not that I'll ever sew, but I've always wondered about that kind of stuff.