Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Many Faces of Diego Watching

Our Dora obsession is easing up a little bit here in the Jones household.  Don't worry... we still love Dora and everything about her, but we can now watch other things.  We've made the big leap to
... sigh ...
Diego.
Are you interested in learning the Diego theme song?  I'll bet you are.  Let me key you into it, because it runs through my head
All - Day - Long...
Go Diego Go
Deep inside the jungle where nature's running wild,
Coming to the rescue is a very special child.
Talking to the animals and swinging from a vine,
This rough and tough adventurer is working all the time.
Yo Viene Diego… Diego… Diego… Go, Diego, Go
Alicia’s on a mission- we’re all going for a ride.
Diego's on the road with Baby Jaguar by his side.
Discovering together- Yeah, we're always having fun,
Helping out each other is good for everyone!
And there goes Diego… Diego… Diego… Go, Diego, Go!

Yep, that's totally awesome.  What to hear it for yourself?  Sure, I can help with that.

The Rescue Pack song is also really great, but I'll save that one for another time. We have now watched many Diego episodes, and because of the surprisingly similar format to Dora, we all find it strangely comforting. However, Diego is clearly for an older crowd, because it is jam-packed with harrowing moments, animals in peril, whirlwind adventures, and dangerous rescues.  Diego's antics can make even the most seasoned veteran of Dora watching a nervous wreck.  Hence, this photo montage...


Yeah, Diego's on! Let's watch!


Whoa, I sense an animal's in trouble. Click, take a pic.


Oh, no- Be careful, Diego!  The suspense is killing me!


I can help Diego by using my super-listening ears.  He relies greatly on audience participation.


That Diego - of course, he made it, safe and sound!  Mommy, I can't believe you ever doubted him!


I know they're supposed to be the Diego version of Swiper the Fox, but I can't deny it - those BoBo Brothers and their mischievous ways are hilarious!


Go, Diego, Go!

4 comments:

cindy glawson said...

Katie Anne looks so grown up in these pictures! That Diego is so suspenseful!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

love the pictures and the captions--haha!

Carla said...

My oldest boy is 6 and has grown out of Diego.... but now I've got that song running through my head again! Thanks! Oh well, it's only a matter of time before my 3 year old picks it up!

Vanessa said...

We love Diego too - atleast Lily and Bear do...and it's a nice change of pace from Dora! Cute pictures - I agree with your mom that KA is looking like such a big girl these days.