Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pioneer Days Field Trip




I took my precious little kindergartners on their first field trip today!  When I say excited, it does not even begin to describe the joy flowing through the hearts of the five-year-olds as they boarded the big yellow bus!  That's one of the best things about teaching kindergarten... you get to see so many "firsts" with them, and they're totally excited about every little thing because it is so new.

Aren't kindergartners the cutest little things?

 
 
 
Here's my parapro, Ms. Gina, with her riding buddy, Au'jyhnae:

And me with my riding buddy, Elizabeth:




We were headed to the Bartow History Museum, where we got to experience some "Pioneer Life".  The kids got to listen to a lesson about children's life in the pioneer days, see lots of pioneer toys, and hear all about their chores...


Then,  they got to do some pioneer things, like write with quill pins and ink...

Churn their own butter...

And then taste it!

We had such a fun time together on our field trip!  Next week, we're going back for a "Down on the Farm" experience.  I'm anxious to see how we're going to milk a "pretend" cow.

Here's just one more... a cool picture I took of them waiting in line.

Hooray for field trips!

3 comments:

cindy glawson said...

What a cute bunch. They look like old pros at being quite in line. Who would have thought it has been less than 2 months since they have been in school. Good job!

Of Pandas and Pirates said...

Very cute! Looks like a lot of fun! I loved field trips when I was a kid. Reminds me of when we went to Sturbridge Village.

Carrie Beth said...

They all look so sweet! I love field trips too!