Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Amanda J. Cups

On Monday night, while Katie Anne was taking a bath, she wanted to go over everyone's last names. We went over Mommy and Daddy, Gigi and Granddad, Doc and VJ, Lily and Bear, Carlton and Trisha, Greg and Jillian ... the list goes on. Finally, she asked me what her teacher's last name was. I told her, "I think it is Amanda Jacobs." She repeated that a couple of times, and then we moved on.

Well, yesterday when I picked KA up from daycare, Miss Amanda told me that KA took a great nap, and then she said, "Um, does Katie Anne know my last name?" I told her about the bath time conversation, and she said that she was just wondering because Katie Anne had been calling her Miss Amanda J. Cups all day. She said it took her a little while to figure out that she wasn't talking about her snack cup, because it sounds like two words when she says it. I think Miss Amanda was weirded out a little bit by this - she said its the first time a kid in her class (old ones/young twos) has called her by her first and last name!

No comments: