Saturday, April 18, 2009

Family Shopping Day!

Today, we took a little family trip down to Atlantic Station to visit Ikea. For months, I've been scoping out shelving and playroom essentials for when we finish the playroom. I decided the Expedit shelving at Ikea was exactly what I was looking for, but it took some cajoling to get Saunders to Ikea. We went once to Ikea when it first opened, and it was crazy and crowded, and Saunders swore he would never go back. When I showed him how much money Ikea could save us, he was willing to try it again. :)

So, we went to Ikea this morning and found lots of great stuff. In addition to the shelving, we got some great art supplies like this easel, storage options like this little hanging basket, a cute rug, a canopy for the reading area, and more! I'm so excited about getting it all put together and setting up the room!

After Ikea, we went walking around Atlantic Station. We went to a Mexican restaurant that Saunders's boss had told us about... Rosa Mexicana. They make the guacamole right at your table, and it is delicious! Saunders and I split an order of chicken enchiladas (and still couldn't finish it all) and had two frozen pomegranate margaritas (also his boss's suggestion)... Katie Anne skipped the mexican meal other than eating a few chips. She'd gotten hungry at Ikea and had a little sandwich. It was very yummy and fun lunch!

Here are some pictures of our shopping day. Stay tuned for playroom photos!

Katie Anne tried out every toddler bed in Ikea!

Once she got in the baby bathtub, she didn't really like it.

Katie Anne with her basket of goods!
At Rosa Mexicana...
Yummy guacamole!
Sorting Fruit Loops by color. :)
Just chillin' in Atlantic Station!

4 comments:

Trisha Jones said...

The basement playroom looks just like something I would love to design! You must promise to paint it a happy and bright color--yellow, perhaps? I think the canopy is by most favorite element of all. Situate it over a kid-size beanbag seat from WalMart and you're set!

The Mexican place sounds great... surprisingly, we can't really find any good places out here! Two full bellies and leftovers from one meal? That's just crazy.

Vanessa said...

What a fun day! I've always wanted to go explore at IKEA, but I've been warned it's overwhelmeing if you don't know what you're going after.
I can't wait to see the finished basement project! And Katie Anne's sweet outfit still looks adorable on her :)

Jillian said...

gotta love Ikea!! I've looked at those shelves..love them! Cute stuff, can't wait to see the finished room!

cindy glawson said...

The stuff from IKEA looks great. I am thrilled to see the little puppy on the table at the resturant. Tell KA I said, "Nice! I am glad he got to go." I look forward to seeing it all together.