Thursday, April 23, 2009

The CRCT Is Over!

Thank goodness, thank goodness~ Our testing is done!

I think my kids did well. Some questions were really hard - what first grader can pick out the singular possessive pronoun from a list? - but I think they did well over all.

Reading the entire test aloud ... stinks! I've never read this much out loud in my life. I counted, and I said the phrase, "Fill in the circle beside the answer you think is best." ... 380 times in the last three days!

Tomorrow, we're having Game Day to celebrate. Should be fun!

7 comments:

Jillian said...

man...that sucks about the reading aloud part but yaaaay for being finished!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

glad it is over:)

Trisha Jones said...

That sounds so miserable! I think it's great that you're having a game day for your kiddos.

Trisha Jones said...

Man, I would LOVE to make a few area rugs from your sculpted carpet scraps! A little yarn wrapped around the edges would make for a great and cheap quick fix for cold kitchen floors, or under the kitchen table. You should at least recycle what you're not going to use, or donate it to Habitat for Humanity.

Trisha Jones said...

Hey, the carpet donation/recycle ideas are another "green" thing you could add to your 2009 list!

cindy glawson said...

I'm sure the kids did well. Now you can relax a little!

The Dillards said...

Amen! Having taught third and fourth grade for my whole career the reading aloud the whole time for second graders was painful!