Monday, April 20, 2009

Family Art Day

This week, Katie Anne's school is celebrating "The Week of the Young Child" with various activities each day. Today was "Take 5 Day", meaning that parents were supposed to take a few extra minutes to "take five" with their child at drop off time in the morning. The daycare had little snacks and cookies in the lobby, and then they had an easy art project for parents and kids to do together.

Katie Anne and I made a lovely ocean scene and enjoyed an Oreo when I dropped her off. Here are some pictures of us at work.
Showing off her finished work...

And, Saunders surprised Katie Anne by stopping by later on his way to work to make a project with her, too! It was a surprise to me, too! So, he didn't have the camera with him, but I took a picture of both finished projects together after Katie Anne brought them home. She had a great time doing art projects with both of us this morning!

1 comment:

cindy glawson said...

Very nice! I feel just like I'm at the beach!