Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birthday Cupcakes

This afternoon, Katie Anne and I made birthday cupcakes for her party at school tomorrow. We made yellow cupcakes with vanilla icing and sprinkles, which is what she picked out. We had a great time cooking together! After we made all the cupcakes, we split one, and they're really good if I say so myself. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them all to school without destroying them ... I'm realizing now the benefit of the store-bought cupcakes truly lies in those nice little plastic boxes they come in.

She loves baking, and she likes to help on every step... even the electric mixer, which really scared her. This is the first time we've ever used it. She was on the verge of tears the entire time she was holding it, but she kept saying, "No, my do it ... my do it by myself." Poor kid was fighting through the fear! She did a good job mixing the batter even though it was scary.

Here are some pictures of Katie Anne's cooking adventures, as well as two videos I made of her in action.

Picture slideshow:


Birthday discussion:

(I told you it is a loooong fourth, and apparently we were making "no bake paper cupcakes".)

Cupcake making video:


Cupcake counting:


Tomorrow will be a crazy day for me ... the last day before Spring Break (so kids will be nuts), my class Easter Egg hunt at 9:00, and then our party at 9:30 ... my lesson plans for the week after Spring Break aren't finished, and I've got several paperwork things due at work before I can leave tomorrow ... then, Katie Anne's birthday party at her school at 2:30, and then her class's kite day immediately following ... then home to finish cleaning and prepping for her party the next day! Waaaaaahhhhh! It's a perfect storm of party mania!

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

I loved those videos. The way she says April 4th is just so cute and I love the face she gives you when you tell her Ginger can't sing "Happy Birthday" because she is a dog. :-) Hope you survive your day tomorrow.

cindy glawson said...

We loved the pictures and video. She is such a cute and very smart girl that counts like a four year old!