Friday, May 29, 2009

A Fish named Shark

On Wednesday, I brought home all the school animals - Chloe, Cosmo, and my beta fish (which the students had named "Jack the Pirate Fish"). I thought it might be fun for Katie Anne to keep the fish tank in her room, and I set it up before she came home from visiting Gigi and Granddad on Wednesday evening.

She was so excited to see it! I let her rechristen the fish (since Greg and Jillian have a dog named Jackson, or Jack for short, I thought a fish named Jack might confuse her). She wanted to name it Shark, even though she knows it is a fish.

She loves Shark! She helps feed him, turns his light off and on, and greets him every morning with, "Time to get up, Shark! Good boy!" She kisses the side of his tank good night before she goes to bed.

I think we've got another animal lover on our hands... poor Saunders... who knows how many animals we'll have when she is old enough to start asking for them?

1 comment:

cindy glawson said...

God bless poor Saunders. It's a good thing he loves animals too.