Friday, May 1, 2009

Still Sick...

Well, I'm still sick... that explains the lack of blogging this week. I've just been too tired at night to do anything. I'm blogging tonight regardless of tiredness because Katie Anne goes on being cute, even when I'm sick, and that must be documented!

I went to the doctor on Monday, and they diagnosed me with strep throat... but warned me that the mono might be back, too. I have all the signs of mono, which are also many signs of strep, and actually swine flu, too. (That's how my first mono started... positive strep test, one round of antibiotics, and then pass out/have multiple seizures/go to hospital. I'm hoping to avoid that entire last part.) It isn't swine flu for real... my fever was low (99.8).

I'm supposed to take the seven-day course of antibiotics (Erythromycin, if anyone's interested), and then see how I feel. Right now - day 4 - not feeling much better. Sore throat, swole lymphs, headaches, exhaustion, body aches, back and upper abdominal pain, muscle fatigue, diarrhea... just the good stuff, really. I went back to work on Wednesday anyway... I'm almost out of sick leave.

So, I'm doing it and doing it well. Just living my life like its over, as the song suggests. I feel like I've run a marathon by lunchtime - I'm sleeping during my planning. My caffeine diet of late is coming in especially handy this week, as I am completely and utterly fueled by chemicals. Oh, Advil, and oh, fat-free French Vanilla creamer ... how do I love thee? Let me count the ways ...

Good news is that, when I went to the doctor on Monday, my official weight loss total (since beginning of March) is 28.4 lbs. Bad news is I'm too tired to exercise... hopefully I won't be set back too much!

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. That is a ton of weight to have lost! You go girl. :-)

Stacey said...

Almost 29 pounds in 2 months? Are you kidding me?!?! Pass along any and all secrets please!

Feel better soon!