Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Today, we had a great Memorial Day! We spent the morning relaxing, playing, and just hanging out. After Katie Anne went down for her nap, Saunders cut the grass and did yard work, and I moved Chloe and Cosmo's stuff downstairs and got it set up in the basement. Then, I made two dump cakes - apple and cherry - and homemade ice cream. Once KA woke up, we got all our things together and went to my parents' house for dinner.

We had a great time! My parents cooked tons of delicious things - nachos, veggies, brats, hot dogs, ribs, and lots of other goodies. We all ate and ate, and then topped things off with dump cake and ice cream. My parents surprised us with a small, cash-only egg hunt ... I spotted an egg while we were eating dinner, and Greg, Jillian, and I took off to snag them! (Poor Saunders... he was too busy with his chili dog, and he didn't get one egg. I gave him some of my cash money!) Now, the standing rule is there may be an egg hunt at any time - be ready! Greg's wearing running shoes to all future family events. Katie Anne got a surprise, too - a Mr. Potato Head that she loved.

What a super day! Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Memorial Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

cindy glawson said...

We love it! Such fun!

Carrie Beth said...

Adorable. I love the pics of Saunders wearing the bow and of Katie Anne eating her ice cream treat. :-)