Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chic-Fil-A Family Night- Write on Main

Last night, we made another trip to Chic- Fil-A's Family Night. These little events are getting quite crowded- there were a lot more kids than last week, and we saw several families we know there. We had a good time, but not nearly as good as we did last week.

The sponsor this week was Write on Main, a stationary and gift shop downtown. It has been one of my favorite stores for the last few years, but the store has recently changed ownership for the third time, and I don't know this owner nearly as well as I've known the previous two. I was kind of disappointed with the event last night... it was supposed to be "Letters to Santa", and I expected some cute stationary or something for the kids to write (or in KA's case, draw) on. Instead, it was just copy paper with a crookedly-copied border, and you didn't even get to keep it! (You had to turn your letter in so Santa would write you back.) Hopefully, the letter she gets back from Santa will be something really scrapbook-able. Maybe they're saving the good stuff for that! :)

Katie Anne enjoyed coloring her letter, but she was TERRIFIED of the Chic-fil-A cow who was dressed as Santa. She would cling to me like she was drowning every time the cow came near. She definitely had a love-hate relationship with the cow. She would call it over, "Hey, Moo!", and when the poor teenage boy in the cow suit came over, she would totally freak out. There were several other kids who were also scared of the cow, so she wasn't the only screamer, but it cut down on her enjoyment of the night.


She doesn't see the "Moo" coming...

Oh, now she sees it...

Needless to say, the picture with the cow did not go well...
Next week, it's "Create Your Own Pottery Night" with Pottery Lane. I love Pottery Lane- I've made several plates and platters for our house there. So, my hopes are high that the next Family Night will be a success!

3 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

I love your description of the teenager in the cow costume! You crack me up. Poor Katie Anne...I'm sure Handley would have been the same way!

Dr J said...

Large animals and people like John and the Cow are an enigma for KA!!

Kelly Miller said...

I wish we had a cute Chick-Fil-A, but ours is a dark hole in the hospital cafeteria (though Javi loves it anyway). KA sounds like Javi was as a baby - big things are cute from far away, but NO TOUCHING!