Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our Christmas Card Pictures

Last weekend, we made pictures at Dellinger Park for our Christmas cards. I wanted outdoor pictures with lots of trees this year. It's taken me all week to sort through them, pick my favorites, and remove Katie Anne's red eyes! For some reason, she gets red eye in almost every picture.






My parents were such a lifesaver... our plans with another photographer fell through at the last minute, and I was freaking out a little bit, but my mom's a great photographer and has a new, nice camera. So, she said she would make them for us! My dad came along as a baby entertainer... his get-behind-the-camera-and-act-like-a-deer routine really worked! :)

We made a bunch because I'd planned on also using pictures from this photo session to replace the ones of Katie Anne's birthday in the frames in our living room. I think we've got a lot of good options. I asked people to choose their favorite family shot when I posted them on Facebook a few days ago, and this one was the most popular:





So, we'll use that one as the main one on our Christmas cards. That's Saunders's favorite, too. I'm trying to decide between that one and the one below to use as the 11x14 in our living room...


So, let me know what you think if you haven't commented on the Facebook ones! To see the rest of the pictures, you can view the album here.

7 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I like them all! Katie Anne's dress is adorable:) I think my favorite b/t the two is the most popular one:)

Of Pandas and Pirates said...

I love them all too. I think you should use the most popular one on the cards but I would blow up the one with the fountain. Your mom did a great job. :)

cindy glawson said...

Thanks Anjie! I think I would use the fountain one in the 11 x 14 and the close up as the card. You guys are all so cute that it was easy. :-)

Sharon G said...

Can your parents come up to Calgary to do our photos?? I keep driving myslef nuts trying to set up "natural" shots and then have to switch on the timer!!!

I love all of the photos, but I agree that the close-up one is the best for the cards and the fountain one would be great blown up for the wall.

Stacey said...

Great pictures!! Your mom did a fantastic job. I like all of them, so you can't go wrong, but my favorite for the card of the two is probably the "most popular" one as well! But for an 11x14, I would do the one where y'all are sitting down!

Kelly Miller said...

I like the popular one, but y'all seem to be a little squinty ... could just be the shadows from all that beautiful sun. I think either one would work, though in the second one, the fountain is trying to steal the show (it doesn't work!).

Anonymous said...

I love all of them so it's hard to pick just one, but for the 11x14 in the living room, I would go with the one of y'all sitting on the blanket with the fountain and tree line in the background. Homesick Trisha would prefer to see that quaint, pretty landmark known only to Cartersvillians hanging proudly in the house!

(P.S. My "word verification" for this homesick blog post is "CRYING!!!")