Friday, November 28, 2008

Good Nite Light!

Two of my blogging friends (Kristin and Kelly) have blogged about their issues lately with toddlers moving from cribs to toddler beds. Also, the president of Saunders's bank (whose wife is a friend of mine that I taught fourth grade with) has talked to Saunders about how they're struggling with the same issues. I know we're just a short time away from having this same problem with Katie Anne- how to keep her in the toddler bed once we're in bed? How do we keep her from getting up in the middle of the night and thinking it is playtime?


I did see this cool product called the Good Nite Light. I have not ordered one, but I plan to once she's moved out of the crib. The product was created by a dad who was having this same problem with his son. You set the timer for your child's bedtime and wake-up time. At bedtime, the nightlight becomes the moon, and it stays the moon all night long... you just teach your child that, when the moon's showing, it means stay-in-bed time. Then, at the wake-up time, the nightlight becomes a sun, and that means it is okay to get up! I think this is such a cool idea, and thought I'd share it!

2 comments:

The Rayburns said...

I read about this product in one of my magazines, and it had great reviews. If you end up getting it, make sure to post on how you like it. I'll be in your shoes about a year from now! :)

Jillian said...

I'll be interested to see how this works...let us know!!