This A-line pinafore is the first thing I've ever made from a store-bought pattern (I've made up all the others by myself), and I found it really wasn't too much harder - or easier - than making it up my own designs. It is still a trial and error kind of deal, and I'll make a few adjustments when I make this pinafore again. I will make it a little shorter, and I'll make the arm holes a little bigger. I like it, though!
However, this was the first time I attempted a button- hole, and I am SO proud of myself! They turned out great, and I was so happy that the buttons actually lined up with the holes and look reasonably straight! This is the also the first outfit that I've made that's fully lined, and I really like the look, but it was hard work! I don't think I'll try that again for a while.
I tried the pinafore on Katie Anne for a trial fitting, and she loved it! She kept rubbing the front and saying, "How Pwetty!" She loved it so much she would not take it off, which worried me because she had a leaky sippy cup of potentially staining juice, and she was running all over the house with it, rough housing with the dogs. After about an hour, I was able to get it off her, and it appears to be very durable - no stains or anything after hard playing! I know that her outfit (hot pink stretch pants and bright green t-shirt) TOTALLY doesn't match the pinafore, but I thought she looked so cute that I had to post them.
Twisty twisty in the new dress!